This Tiramisu is unbelievably easy to make, and it turns out transcendent! It requires no baking and can be made in advance.
– Make 2 cups of espresso or any other strong brewed coffee, transfer it to a bowl and let it cool to room temperature. Add your favorite liquor to enrich the flavors. For a kid-friendly version, use decaf coffee and omit the liquor.
– Put the egg yolks into a heatproof bowl, add the sugar and place the bowl over a double boiler. Whisk constantly until the sugar dissolves completely, and the eggs reach the temperature of around 60-65 degrees Celsius. This process pasteurizing the eggs and makes them safe to eat. Remove the bowl from heat and using an electric mixer beat the egg yolks until they are thick and creamy, this might take up to 6 minutes. Once our egg yolks reached the desired consistency, set aside, and let them cool completely.
– Place 500grams of mascarpone into a large mixing bowl, add 2 cups of heavy cream, and beat those for a couple of minutes until it creates soft-medium peaks.
– Combine the egg yolks cream into the mascarpone cream and fold it in using a gentle rotating hand movement until well blended.
– Quickly dip each ladyfinger into the coffee and arrange them on the bottom of a 22 cm baking pan. Break the ladyfingers in half as needed to fill the gaps until you’ve got an even layer.
– Spread half the mascarpone mixture onto the ladyfingers in one even layer.
– Repeat the process with another layer of ladyfingers. Spread the remaining mascarpone mixture and smooth the top.
– Refrigerate the cake for a minimum of two hours.
– For decoration: Combine all the ingredients and a medium mixing bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe small mounds of cream all around the top. You can skip this step, but it will give the cake a magnificent look! Finely, dust the top with cocoa powder.