1/2 cup butter 1 stick
1/2 cup canola oil
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup strawberry jam
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 drops red food coloring optional
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp strawberry jam
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1-2 drops red food coloring optional
Move to the next page to read the instructions
How To Make Strawberry Glazed Pound Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 10 or 12 cup Bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients: In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients: In the bowl of your mixer beat together the butter, sugar and vegetable oil on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix for another 30 seconds or until well incorporated. Add the vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, sour cream, milk and continue mixing until everything is well incorporated.
- Bake the cake: Add the flour mixture to the mixer bowl and mix until all the flour is well incorporated into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 15 minutes before removing from pan, then continue cooling on a wire rack or serving plate.
- Create the glaze: While the cake is baking, prepare the strawberry glaze. In a saucepan, add all the strawberry glaze ingredients, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat, to medium low and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Pour the strawberry mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let the glaze cool completely before drizzling over the cake. If you like you can top the pound cake with additional strawberries.