- Set aside 1/4 of flour for kneading.
- 4 and half cups flour, sifted.
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 4 Tblspns milk powder (Nespray, klim etc)
- 1/3 cup (80mls) sugar
- 10g yeast (1 Tblspn) instant yeast ( Purple Anchor yeast)
- 1 and 1/3 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 7 Tblspn (+/- 100g) melted butter
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- Sift 2 cups flour in to a large bowl and whisk in salt, milk powder, sugar and yeast.
- In a seperate bowl mix together warm milk and warm water and whisk in melted butter and egg. Add this to the dry ingredients. Whisk well.
- Now using a spatular mix in the remaining 2 and half cups flour till dough comes together.
- Switch off your pre heated oven.
- Begin kneading your dough by hand, adding in the 1/4 cup of flour that was set aside. Do not add more flour. Knead for 15 minutes. Will start of sticky but after 7 minutes will start to become smooth.
- Once kneaded place dough in prepared bowl. Spray top of dough with cooking spray. Cover well with clingwrap and place bowl in your warm oven to rise for 1 and half hours. Thereafter, punch down dough.
- Divide in two and roll out. Spread garlic butter over then shape as above
- Place on lightly greased trays and loosely cover tray with cling wrap and allow to rise for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven on 180 degrees celcius for 10 minutes. Brush over room temperature beaten egg and bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Brush some melted butter over the baked rolls and place on cooling rack. Store in an airtight container once cooled.