— 100 grams (approximately 1/2 cup) slightly softened unsalted butter, plus a little more for greasing
— 110 grams (approximately 1/2 cup) caster sugar
— 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
— 8 brioche rolls, or 1 medium brioche loaf (around 280 grams or 10 ounces)
— 2 eggs
— 3/4 cup milk
For the glaze:
— 1/2 cup powdered sugar
— 2 Tablespoons milk
1. In a bowl, cream together the butter, caster sugar and cinnamon until well mixed and fluffy.
2. Cut each brioche roll in half (or slice the loaf), and spread each piece with the cinnamon butter. Layer the brioche in a lightly greased slow cooker dish.
3. Lightly beat the eggs with the milk and pour over the brioche. Use the back of a spoon or fork to firmly press the brioche into the egg mixture.
4. Sprinkle a little more caster sugar on top if desired, then cook on low for for three to three-and-a-half hours.
5. Whisk the powdered sugar with a couple of Tablespoons of milk to form the glaze. Drizzle half of the glaze over the cinnamon roll bread pudding just before serving. Serve the remaining glaze on the table in case anyone wants extra.